Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Forward the 23rd

Photobucket

There's the piper, thus far. Still needs GS work on his hands and around the tops of the, uh...pipe...things...that come out the back of the bag. No idea what they're called, somewhat shamefully, but wikipedia informs me they're called "drones". All hail Wikipedia, giver of knowledge! I'm still not sure how I'll be doing the blowpipe yet, so I'm waiting until I find the head I'm going to use before I make that decision.


PhotobucketPhotobucket

That's Captain Callum Stiles, 2IC of Dog Company. He'll be my Company Commander in games of 1500 points or less, at least for now, while Major Micheal Brown will take over in larger games. Stiles is a bit of a martinet, at least compared to his gruff adventurer of a CO, and I think the pose shows that off. He's almost unconverted, aside from his sword which still needs some GS to hang it from his belt, and he needs some facial hair as its the Yukoni way. I'm thinking a thin mustache, like he'd really rather be clean-shaven and is just doing the bare minimum of manly facial hair.


And speaking of the Major, I prepared a few pieces for him, though I'll need another Command Squad box before I build him properly. Can you guess who he'll count-as?

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Thanks! I actually did more work on him last night that I forgot to get pics of. I'm uploading them right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice, you have inspired me to add yet another "pointless unusable display only" model to my shelf, this time, a bagpiped scottish guardsman. he can go with the Night Lords Guitarist and Wood Elf Drummer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah, that's awesome. I have lots of those models, and I'd be interested to see your piper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Accidently stumbled across these pics and I have to say that the bagpipe is looking fantastic. That is bound to end up as a centrepiece mini!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails