Monday, December 29, 2008

Fear the Beard!

Well, a week after Air Canada sent my bags to Toronto without me (my flight was canceled due to weather, or something, but they still sent our baggage on. O.o) we got our bags back. This is good for you because the camera was in my wife's bag. Pictures!


Photobucket

That's the first half of Red/C. The second half is just primered, so I didn't bother with them.

Here's a close up on the Sergeant. I gave his peg leg a little foot, but it's kind of hidden by the basing. Ah, well. I do like how the GS on the end of his pant leg turned out.

Photobucket



Red/Command! I'm really quite pleased with these guys. I opted for two shotgunners and two with LP+CCW, plus the JO and the Commissar, so this squad should be decent in CC. Assuming I'm fighting, oh, wet paper bags? ;)

Photobucket


I've always wanted a beardy army, so I've decided that every barefaced Yukoni, with a couple of exceptions, will have facial hair. Starting with Mr. Chops here.

Photobucket
Photobucket


The Platoon Sergeant Major. The aquila on his breastplate denotes his rank of Warrant Officer. Also...BEARD! I also extended his bandanna into an eye wrap.

Photobucket


The second guy with shotgun. Behold...sleeves!

Photobucket

One of the few without facial hair, this guy is one of the Yukoni version of the First Nations (also known as American Indians, FYI). Thus, because sterotypes are fun, he has a tomahawk, mohawk and severed heads.

Photobucket
Photobucket


And Herr Kommissar. Alles is in fact klar. He's only other smooth-chinned member of the army thus far, to help mark out the fact that he isn't a Yukoni. His pistol is meant to be some kind of stub- or auto-pistol revolver type thing. I think it turned out okay...

Photobucket


And the Old Man himself, Captain "Wolfbiter" DeJean. Fear the mustache! Fear it! I didn't get any pictures of it, but his cape is off the Marauders sprue, and still has the skull on it. I didn't want to ruin the cape so I didn't remove it, and it just occurred to me to make it into an Ork skull.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails