Saturday, December 6, 2008

A second squad is completed

Red/B joins the ranks! Huzzah! That makes two whole squads, or twenty models, in about two weeks. That's a record speed for me, even counting the "ohmygoshtournmentisthisweekendmustpaintpaintpaintlikemadman" panic paintathons I've done...oh, every time I've gone to a tournament.

The newly finished:
Photobucket

The whole squad:
Photobucket


Anyways, I'm pretty sure I can complete all of Red Platoon by the end of December. That's another full squad of infantry, and a Command Squad of five, including the platoon officer. I'd like to get some more work done on the cavalry, too, but I don't think I'll be able to do more than one (the "officer" leading the squadron), unless I can get my hands on some paint stripper.


In other news, I spent several hours researching miniature sculpting, sourcing supplies like tools and armatures, as well as resin casting. I'm thinking I'll give it a try, as it would be good practice, and it'd be cool to build up to being able to produce my own minis for use as an army or even (dare I say it?) sell them!

6 comments:

  1. Nice job - and in record time! That's good going and the result is visually great looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The squad looks great, I like the high contrast shoulder pad, it really stands out from the muted uniform of the squad.

    Nice work and fast too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want paint stripper I hear simple green is good. You are now added to my blogroll at www.gamelisenceworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you're doing guard, for shame. Who makes the heads, there is a couple companies that make good heads for 28mm that people are using for Guard.

    The new IG codex isn't do for a while, I thought you were stoked with all the goodies in the new Marine Codex?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The heads are by West Wind Productions, from their Secrets of the Third Reich line, specifically.

    If the rumours are true, the new 'dex is out before WCM or AC-V '09.

    ReplyDelete
  6. not bad. I like the custom masks and WWI helmets your men have. I also like how the pants look. However other parts of your work seem rushed and very sloppy. Your bases definately don't look as good as they could, look at some tutorials to help you along. Your lasgun highlights are in need of work as well take more time on them or invest in better brushes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails