Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Armour of Carboard

I have fortifications! Along with further proof that Starbucks is awesome (as if we needed more proof...)


Defense Tower. It kind of reminds me of the castle towers in Samurai Jack... Once I've got MDF I'll give it a proper base and some razor wire and rubble barricades around the bottom.
Photobucket
Photobucket

I made the platform large enough to comfortably fit three Heavy Weapon team bases, and about twenty Guardsmen (or Marines, or any other man-sized model I would assume) fit up there. It's a little over six inches tall, but I figure it can be treated as though a full turn's movement can take a squad from the base to the platform.


A bunker! I want all my towers to be the same height, and since my wife gets grande instead of venti I had to find something else for this cup. Thus, a small pillbox/bunker thingy. Again, fits a Heavy Weapon base snugly. I saved the top half of the cup, and I think I'll use it as the centre of an [i]Enemy at the Gates[/i] style fountain/statue, because there's always one.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Defensive barricades/mini-trenches. I couldn't do a proper trench, so I knocked these together. Once I have some kind of putty or something less expensive than green stuff I'll fill in the fronts.
Photobucket
Photobucket


And the barricades with the bunker. I forgot to crop this one, and the last one apparently, so you get a guest appearance by my knee. ;)
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. WOW, the terrain is coming along. Good use of natural objects. I really wanna see the barricades all done up. Good Job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, guys! Today I have to finish up an infantry squad to fulfill my obligations on the Ammo Bunker, but after that I'm out of Guardsmen so it's mostly going to be terrain...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails